Why Join The Reigate Society?
- If you care about your environment. The more members we have (we currently have just over 800), the more influence we have as a lobbying body.
- You would be kept up-to-date on local issues. Members receive three newsletters and an Annual Report each year. These contain reports from the Society's officers and committee chairmen on local planning, development and conservation issues.
- You could meet other members and learn more about the area by
attending talks, outings and other events of interest arranged by
- For instance, a few years ago the Society organised a protest walk across the site of a proposed sand quarry that was attended by 200 people. These events cover topics related to the interests of the Society, both local and national, which include both ancient and modern buildings, planning, transport, the countryside and the environment.
- To read about events arranged, see our Meetings pages.
- Finally, if you have some time to spare, you may well be able to help by serving on one of our committees. For more information on joining, please see our How to Join page.
- It's good value! The amount of the annual subscription is left to members' discretion, but the minimum amounts are £8 per year for an individual and £12 per year for a family.